This dish is one of my father’s (see About) favorite midnight meals! As a tribute to him, I’m sharing a simple and quick recipe for a hungry tummy! For days when you feel like whipping up something real quick and easy, use ready peeled lump crabmeat from the chilled section of the supermarket. This recipe is inspired by my love for Thai food. It is the type of dish that makes you keep wanting more… Spoon after spoonful, I really can eat this any time of the day!
Yield: 2-3 servings or 1 hungry Miguel plus Mom (see About).
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup lump crab meat
- 2 – 3 cups day old rice (or newly cooked but spread out and cooled completely in a baking pan. This is needed to ensure the rice doesn’t stick together in the pan)
- 2 eggs plus 2 tsp of seasoning sauce whisked together
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. seasoning sauce
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. green onion, chopped
- Optional: lime squeeze
Heat a wok or large frying pan. Pour vegetable oil. Add in onions and garlic until fragrant. Pour in crabmeat and sauté for about a minute. Add rice and combine well. Push to one side of the pan. Pour in egg mixture to the other side and allow to cook. Once the eggs are done, incorporate all the ingredients in the pan and season with the oyster sauce, seasoning sauce, and white pepper. Sprinkle green onions and serve. You may also squeeze some lime right before serving.